“What Can Worship Do in Your Life?”
• Worship is what comes out of your heart to God.
• When talking about idols, in modern day, an idol is not something we bow down to but something we give our time to. An idol is not a golden calf we set up but something that interferes with our relationship with God.
• Worship comes from the heart. It is not a form; it is not something you do because you are instructed to. It is something you do because you love Jesus and you want to worship Him and adore Him.
• We are all different. We can all worship differently. The point is not where or how you worship or how much time you spend in worship; what matters is do you worship?
• God can use praise and worship to get you out of a trial.
• Obedience to God will get the job done. Don’t fight your battles; let the Lord fight your battles.
• Worship is trusting God with all of your cares. One of the ways we worship is to just let go.
• David appointed worshipers to go before the Ark of the Covenant. He did this to evoke God’s blessing and to give thanks.
• A thankful heart to God will get the job done every time.
David appointed the following Levites to lead the people in worship before the Ark of the Lord—to invoke his blessings, to give thanks, and to praise the Lord, the God of Israel.
— 1 Chronicles 16:4 NLT
• We don’t thank God for the situation, we thank Him that he will bring us out it.
• God has so much for us that we need to go beyond what we are currently walking in to what He has for us.
A mob quickly formed against Paul and Silas, and the city officials ordered them stripped and beaten with wooden rods. They were severely beaten, and then they were thrown into prison. The jailer was ordered to make sure they didn’t escape. So the jailer put them into the inner dungeon and clamped their feet in the stocks.
— Acts 16:22-24 NLT
• God wants to see every soul come to repentance. He came to seek and save that which was lost. He doesn’t put stuff on us to teach us a lesson.
• The moment you blame God for the bad stuff that happens is the moment you quit worshiping Him. When you hold on to resentment against God, it makes worship difficult.
• Worship is not a religious experience, it is a relationship. Religion has killed worship.
“Where you have been doesn’t determine where you’re going.”
— Pastor Danny
• If God did something for one person, he’ll do it for everybody. God never does something for somebody that He won’t do for somebody else as long as they meet the same requirements. This is called the law of first mention. If something is mentioned in scripture and you qualify for what is mentioned, you can have it. As your faith is, so be it.
Around midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening. Suddenly, there was a massive earthquake, and the prison was shaken to its foundations. All the doors immediately flew open, and the chains of every prisoner fell off!
— Acts 16:25-26 NLT
• Your worship can help other people get free if they allow it. Your freedom can set others free. People watching you can experience their own freedom by the freedom you walk in.
The jailer woke up to see the prison doors wide open. He assumed the prisoners had escaped, so he drew his sword to kill himself. But Paul shouted to him, “Stop! Don’t kill yourself! We are all here!” The jailer called for lights and ran to the dungeon and fell down trembling before Paul and Silas. Then he brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
— Acts 16:27-30 NLT
• If we truly believe in Jesus, our family will follow suit.
• If you share Jesus with someone, God won’t override someone’s will, but He will open their eyes to understand.
• God has a vision for our lives that is pre-Garden of Eden, before the Earth was cursed with sin.
• There will be times the curse of the earth will touch you, just don’t camp out there. Get back to praying “thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on Earth as in Heaven.”
• God won’t increase our faith, we need to ask Him to remove the doubt and unbelief. The surest way to do that is to stay in the Word.
• If we aren’t changing, we are in man-made religion.
• God doesn’t consult your past to determine your future.
But the time is coming—indeed it’s here now—when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.”
— John 4:23-24 NLT
• True worshippers worship God in spirit and truth. There are a variety of ways to worship God. He will meet you where you are.
• You need a door opened? Worship God. Need a breakthrough? Worship God. Bound by something? Worship God.
Worship opens doors, breaks chains and draws us closer to God. That’s what worship can do in your life.