• Life is but a vapor. The enemy convinces us that what it is in front of us is so much more important than it really is..
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
— John 1:1 NKJV
• God put His Word above His name.
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
— John 1:14 NKJV
• God is full of grace and truth. Grace is unmerited and undeserved favor. Divine assistance for daily living. And God will tell you the truth of what you need to change to take full advantage of that grace.
• There is nothing wrong with you having a plan, but don’t let your plan override what God wants to do in that moment.
All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.
— 2 Timothy 3:16-17 NLT
• Everything you do for Christ becomes a good work.
• The moment we turn inward and start focusing on ourselves, we can’t help but get depressed. Get the focus on others and how you can speak life into their lives.
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
— Psalm 119:105 NKJV
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
— Hebrews 4:12 NIV
• The Word of God judges our motives.
• The moment we draw attention to ourselves, we miss God.
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror;
— James 1:22-23 NKJV
• When we don’t internalize the Word and do what it says, we are only fooling ourselves.
“Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”
— Matthew 7:24-27 NKJV
• The Word of God is alive and breathing. It is a growing document in a sense. The words on the page don’t change, but your understanding becomes clearer and it becomes more revelation the more you read it.
• Don’t put more stock in what someone says over what God is saying in His Word.
The Word corrects us, equips us, prepares us for every good work, it’s a lamp to light the next step, and a light for the journey.