Dec. 17, 2017
— LifeWay Moments —
— LifeNotes —
• Present: Right now, this moment in time.
All right then, the Lord himself will give you the sign. Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel (which means ‘God is with us’).
— Isaiah 7:14 NLT
• When we say “the man upstairs,” we are putting God at a distance. He is not the main upstairs, He is the Christ within us. He is the hope of glory.
• When you are born again, something happens to you that you can’t explain and no one can take it away from you.
• God is always present with us through the Holy Spirit
Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel, which is translated, “God with us.”
— Matthew 1:23 NKJV
• God gives us free will. He will not override our will.
• Do you think Jesus came to beat us up or to save us? He is for us, not against us.
For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
— Isaiah 9:6 NLT
• God’s kingdom is different to any kingdom on the Earth, but we can still be in God’s kingdom and still live in the world. God is our source.
• We need to be as wise as serpents and harmless as doves. We don’t get mean spirited. But, we need to realize that the powers we deal with are spirits and principalities from very dark places.
• We shouldn’t get discouraged when things happen. We have read the book, we know who wins.
• If we sit down and listen to Jesus, He can do more in a few seconds than a best friend on the phone could do in a lifetime.
• Why would you post your problems on Facebook and expect an answer instead of talking to Jesus?
• Jesus can meet any need you have and answer any question you may have.
• In our weakness is when His strength is perfected.
When you feel weak might be the very time that God uses you the most powerfully.
— Pastor Danny
• Do you need security? He is your everlasting Father. When things are not going right, we need to cry out to our Father.
• Jeremiah 29:11-13 say, “When you seek Me, I will be found.” We need to seek Him and receive that which He has already done.
• Prince of Peace: as human beings, we can get so frustrated over the small things that don’t even matter. We need to let the Prince of Peace determine our peace, not the things of the world.
“Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!”
— Luke 2:14 NKJV
• We can have peace in the middle of struggles, but we have to know that He is present with us. He is not a distant God, He is a living Christ in us.
• We are all children of God and we need to respect and honor each other.
• Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace — it is not a list to keep, it is a life to live. When we understand that we are His, we realize that He wants good to come into our lives. When we understand the first three things, the Prince of Peace will automatically come to us.
The Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace is present with you today and always.