Dec. 31, 2017
— LifeWay Moments —
— LifeNotes —
• There is never an unrealistic goal or vision, but there can be an unrealistic timeframe.
We can’t do it without Him, and He made a decision to not do it without us. He could do it without us, but He made the decision for relationship.
— Pastor Danny
• He came to have fellowship. He came to speak to us so we can work together as partners and build His kingdom. We never look at building our kingdom.
• For LifeWay Church, 2018 is the Year of Discipleship
• Don’t ever look to the economy or the stock market for what you need. It is OK to invest in it, but God is our source.
• We need to be a witness wherever we go.
• When we keep up with the little things, we become a good discipler and a good disciple.
• We preach abundant life and freedom, and it can’t get any better on earth than when you know Jesus and what he did for you, but even then, it is still not heaven.
— Acts 27:1 NLT
• We are all growing in wisdom and favor with God and man.
• We don’t get any more favor of God, we just get a better understanding that we can receive it. It is not something we work for.
But take courage! None of you will lose your lives, even though the ship will go down. For last night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve stood beside me, and he said, “Don’t be afraid, Paul, for you will surely stand trial before Caesar! What’s more, God in his goodness has granted safety to everyone sailing with you.”
— Acts 27:22-24
• With discipleship, make sure you hear from God the best you can. Always present yourself that you are human and that you can miss it. The Bible says we prophesy in part and we know in part. If you miss it, it doesn’t make you a false prophet, it just makes you a bad one that day.
Some of the best times to hear God is when we are going through something. God did not create the mess to teach you something,
but that is when we cry out the hardest.
— Pastor Danny
• An intriguing point about being saved: Before you are saved, you don’t understand any of the Scripture, when you get saved, you begin to understand things, but you still can’t explain what happened to you. But once a man or woman accepts Christ, no one can talk them out of it because they know what happened. That is the supernatural power of God.
• Jesus want us to have abundance, but he wants us to have true abundance. Money is not true abundance.
• If we get a glimpse of who we are in Christ, everything changes.
— Acts 28: 1-11 NLT
Then the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision, And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it.
— Habakkuk 2:2 NKJV
The more we learn about how to disciple, the easier it is to be one and to disciple others.