But there is a great difference between Adam’s sin and God’s gracious gift. For the sin of this one man, Adam, brought death to many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and his gift of forgiveness to many through this other man, Jesus Christ.
— Romans 5:15 NLT
• When we took our first breath, we were sinners. If you don’t know you are a sinner, why would you ever need forgiveness?
• Apart from Jesus, someone could be born on this earth, never commit a sin and still die a sinner. When you understand that, you understand how great the gift of salvation and forgiveness is.
• Forgiveness is a gift. It is not something we work for. All we have to do is receive what He already did on the cross.
• Religion says we have to do something to obtain it. Redemption says we just have to receive what He has done.
When you came to Christ, you were “circumcised,” but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision — the cutting away of your sinful nature. For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead.
— Col. 2:11-12 NLT
• Circumcision in the Old Testament meant your were in covenant with God and you were God’s children.
• In the New Testament, circumcision happens to the heart. You are part of God’s family, not because of your lineage or merit but because you chose to be part of His family and accepted Him as Savior.
• To be baptized into Christ, you have to ask Him into your heart. Once you do, you are baptized in Christ. Water baptism is not required to be saved, but is something we should all do.
You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross.
— Col. 2:11-12 NLT
• When are born again, God cuts away our nature to want to sin.
“A saint, a Christian makes a terrible sinner, because they are a not a sinner. You’ll feel awful about the sin you committed, but back when you were a sinner, you didn’t care.”
— Pastor Danny
• There should be a change when we are born again. Everyone’s change is not the same. The more we renew our minds to what He did, the quicker we transform.
• Confessing of each and every sin is not what brings forgiveness; confessing the Lord Jesus Christ does.
• When you know what forgiveness means, you can walk in it.
• He canceled all of our debt. It is as if you never committed it once you have accepted Him.
• God doesn’t look at what we did; He looks at Christ and He is perfect.
In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross.
— Col. 2:15 NLT
• Your enemy has been disarmed. If you don’t believe that, he is as armed as he ever was. The Bible says Satan is the god of this world. That means that if we function in the world’s system, he becomes our god. We need to function in the Kingdom of God.