The Love of God
Feb. 4, 2018
The Love of God
• When you receive the revelation of how much God really loves you, it puts jet fuel on your walk with God.
• All we need is to fall in the arms of Jesus; we don’t need to try to impress people.
The man answered, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.’ And, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”
• God doesn’t love us because we are lovely. People don’t love us because we are lovely; they love us because they love Christ and Christ is in us. We love God because He first loved us.
Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’
— Matthew 22:37
• You can’t love your neighbor until you love yourself. That is why hurting people hurt people.
• When a person gets born again, the residue of the past unholy life is still hanging on. You will have to remind yourself that you are a new creation in Christ and loved by Jesus. There is no condemnation in Jesus. (Romans 8:1)
The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”
— Matthew 22:40
• The cross: The vertical represents our love relationship with Jesus; the horizontal represents our love relationship with others.
• The vision that God has for us in the kingdom is to love Him and let that love be so evident in our heart that we can’t help but love other people. However, don’t confuse love with like.
Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
— Ephesians 3:17-19
• God has miracle working power residing in your heart. Most of the time, all He is waiting for is for us to believe it and to speak it. Whatsoever a man believes in his heart and speaks out of his mouth, that is what will come to pass.
Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love.
— 1 John 4:18 NLT
• What happens when you find a nugget in the Word that speaks to you? It is like you just found money. You found revelation.
• If you are married, a revelation to your spouse becomes revelation to you since you are one.
Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? (As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.” No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
• If something is coming against you because of your faith, rejoice — count it all glorious. If it is anything else, take authority, put it under your feet and keep walking.
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.
• We get born again, He lives in us and we live in Him and that relationship reveals the love of God.
• For God so loved the world that He gave his only Son. That is a revelation of love. He gave His Son because of our sin.
As we continually learn about the love of God, we will confidently walk in the love of God.
— Closing prayer —
Father, we thank You for your love. Holy Spirit, we just affirm what we prayed in the beginning — that each person here, sitting here or watching by video understands Your love; they’re getting a deep revelation of the love of God. Help us all, Lord, to continue. I don’t have it all, I know for a fact I don’t, but I have seen and experienced revelation when it comes to Your love and I just ask that for all my brothers and sisters that they would know and understand how deep, how wide, how long, how high, how all-sufficient Your love is. And we thank you Lord for revelation and wisdom and knowledge that’s coming to all of us as we go through this series this month. We thank you for it in Jesus’ name. Amen.