The Love of God
Feb. 18, 2018
— The love of God —
• When God loves you, nothing else matters. No matter what anybody else says about you, Jesus love you. That is all that matters.
• When we get our focus like God’s focus, we’ll be free from what man has to say about us.
• There is something very, very powerful about knowing who we belong to. We are God’s. We belong to Him. And to know that He loves us, the most important thing that we will ever have worry about is to know that He loves you, He cares about you and He has His eye on you.
• God doesn’t put curses on us. That is Satan’s job.
• No matter what we are going through in life, no matter what we face, no matter how great the trial, no matter how big the circumstance may be, He loves you and there is nothing anyone can do to change that.
• God loves you unconditionally and you don’t have to pay for it. You don’t have to do anything to earn it. All you have to do is accept Him as Savior and automatically He loves you, because He started loving you before you were saved.
• It’s not about what we do, it is about who we are. We are in Jesus. When you know you belong to Jesus, you can’t help but get excited.
If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don’t love, I’m nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. If I speak God’s Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, “Jump,” and it jumps, but I don’t love, I’m nothing. If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don’t love, I’ve gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love.
— 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 MSG
• God’s not impressed how well we can speak. He doesn’t care about our stature or what we look like, He doesn’t care if we can sing like an angel. If we don’t have the love of God, we are nothing.
• Love will make you do something. Love will make you love someone else.
• Having God’s love is more important that anything you will face.
Love never gives up. Love cares more for others than for self. Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have. Love doesn’t strut, Doesn’t have a swelled head,
— 1 Corinthians 13:4 MSG
• We live in a world that says if it is not about me then it is not important. We need to know what the Bible says about love and self gratification.
• We are our brother’s keeper. We are to love those around us instead of just ourselves.
• Love doesn’t strut. Stop trying to impress others. God loves us just the way we are.
• If you make it all about “me” love enough, “me” is all you will have left because others will leave you alone.
Doesn’t force itself on others, Isn’t always “me first,” Doesn’t fly off the handle, Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others.
— 1 Corinthians 13:5 MSG
• If you are busy keeping up with the sins of others, you have too much time on your hands. Don’t worry about others. Focus on your own life and take your thoughts captive.
• Focus on the good times, not the bad times, and see where God has brought you from and watch what He will do in your life.
Doesn’t revel when others grovel, Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, Puts up with anything, Trusts God always, Always looks for the best, Never looks back, But keeps going to the end.
— 1 Corinthians 13:6-7 msg
Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love.
— 1 Corinthians 13:13b msg
God’s love is so great, you can’t keep it to yourself; you have to give it away.
• The Lord will always look to find the good in you. He is not digging to find the bad in your life. He is always looking for the positive that we don’t tend to look for.
— Ending prayer —
Lord, we thank you. We just give You honor right now. God, You are wonderful and awesome and mighty You are. We thank You today. Lord, we thank You that You love us unconditionally. After anything and everything we have ever done, You still love us. God, I thank you for that today and I pray for everyone in this room right now. I pray, God, that the love of God would just overtake them, surround them to the point that they know, “Wow, that’s the presence of the Lord. He loves me.” Let them know that more and more every day of their lives. In Christ’s name we pray, Amen.