— What it means to be in Christ —
• The more we learn about Christ, the more we learn about who we are in Christ.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
— 2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJV
• When we accept Christ, we become a new creation.
• When we come into Christ, we become royalty.
For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
— Matthew 12:40 NKJV
• When the Spirit and the Word marry, what that means is when you’re in a relationship with Christ and you read His Word in that relationship, everything you’ll ever need can come together.
• If Christ didn’t come out of the tomb, we could not have a born again experience.
• To know something is better than to feel something.
So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”
— 1 Corinthians 15:54-56 NKJV
• It wasn’t the thugs that killed Jesus; it wasn’t the thief that hung beside him on the cross. It was the elders, the leading priest and the teachers of the religious law.
• The law always brings death; the Spirit gives life.
From then on Jesus began to tell his disciples plainly that it was necessary for him to go to Jerusalem, and that he would suffer many terrible things at the hands of the elders, the leading priests, and the teachers of religious law. He would be killed, but on the third day he would be raised from the dead.
Early on Sunday morning, as the new day was dawning, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went out to visit the tomb.
• Any time you encounter Jesus, it is a new day. He said that His mercies are new every day.
• Don’t ever say you aren’t qualified.
• Don’t ever let your past life hold you back.
Suddenly there was a great earthquake! For an angel of the Lord came down from heaven, rolled aside the stone, and sat on it. His face shone like lightning, and his clothing was as white as snow.
— Matthew 28:2-3 NLT
• Your “suddenly” is right here if you can grab ahold of it.