• The grace of God is not just to get saved; it’s to walk out. Divine assistance for daily living. Everything God’s called you to do, you can do and the only way you can do it is by His grace. God’s grace can do what you can’t do for yourself.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
— 2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJV
• God didn’t put a Band-Aid on your spirit; He gave you a new one.
Now may the God of peace make you holy in every way, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ comes again.
— 1 Thessalonians 5:23 NLT
• You are a spirit. That is the real you. The soul is what you think. The body is the “earth suit.”
• The spirit is perfect. There is nothing you can do to improve it. When you became born again, God took out the old spirit and replaced it with a new one.
• With that new spirit, your thinking changed as well, because the things you used to think are no longer attractive like they were.
• Your soul is what you think about yourself and other things; the body is something that simply houses it.
• The mind and body will come into agreement with the spirit.
And because we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, “Abba, Father.”
• God is pleased with us. Not because of what we have done, but because His Son is in our hearts.
• Romans 8:11 says that the same spirit that raised Christ from the borrowed tomb lives in us and quickens our mortal body. It makes you get up when you don’t want to get up. It makes you praise God when you don’t feel like praising God.
• The spirit is not connected to the body, other than by the soul.
• The spirit is perfect. The soul and body are flawed. We need to get the soul to line up with the spirit and it will change the body.
• Everything you will ever need has already been rebirthed in the new spirit. When you get that revelation, you will stop asking God for things and start confessing things. Instead of asking God to do something for us, just accept and receive what He has already done for us.
• Your flesh — your soul, mind, will, emotions and body — has such a little part to play because your spirit is the real you.
and he has identified us as his own by placing the Holy Spirit in our hearts as the first installment that guarantees everything he has promised us.
— 2 Corinthians 1:22 NLT
• When we got saved, our spirit was brand new. Our soul — mind, will and emotions — and body will become new.
• We renew the mind and believe God for the body.
• You make a decision whether you are going to walk in the Spirit or not.
• God will never override your will. You have to “will” to be in the Spirit.
And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will.
• The devil hates when people pray in tongues because the Spirit prays through us the perfect will of God.
• Praying in tongues bypasses the mind and the body.
• There is no finer place to be in this world than right in the middle of God’s will. When we are in His will, we are in direction and keeping cadence with God.
But the person who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with him.
— 1 Corinthians 6:17 NLT