What it means to be in Christ
April 29, 2018
• God has a purpose for you and part of that purpose is to find out who you are in Christ.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
— 2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJV
• Your mind and body will get renewed and transformed as you read the Word of God.
• Salvation is not just going to Heaven. It means nothing broken, nothing lacking, and nothing missing.
• When you read the Word, you renew the mind to what is already perfect in your spirit.
• When you get your mind in line with your spirit, you will have two-thirds majority and your body will have no choice but to respond. When you get your mind in line with your spirit, your spirit knows perfectly what your body needs.
• You are a brand new creation. Any sin you ever committed has already been forgiven. There is no condemnation in Jesus.
• You will spend time getting your mind lined up with what happened in your spirit.
• Your spirit is the perfect part of you; the soul is your mind, will, and emotion; and the body is the earth suit that contains the other two.
• In the Kingdom, we understand that the spirit is what matters. The cursed world understands that the body is what matters. The world focuses on the body first, then the soul, never renewing the spirit, which is the real you. That is why people are in guilt and condemnation.
• Anybody successful in God’s kingdom knows that they are nothing without God, but they can do everything through Him.
And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.
— Ephesians 1:22-23 NJKV
• The body of Christ means that the head is telling the body what to do. Jesus is the head of the Body.
• If you are trying to get wealth for yourself, you will beat your head against the wall. If you try to get wealth for the Kingdom, it will start flowing.
• You can do all things that God instructs you to do. What is the definition of all? “The whole quantity.” “The greatest possible amount.” Nothing is impossible for those who believe.
• The head controls the body, both spiritually and naturally. If we put Jesus at the rightful headship, when won’t have to worry about near as much stuff.
And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience.
— Ephesians 2:1-2 NKJV
• Jesus removed the curse. Your work should be fulfilling, satisfying and helping the Kingdom.
• Ask yourself who you are taking your cues from. It is easy to take your cues from things that are not scriptural.
• Jesus didn’t just lay something over your sin — He removed it!
• We are saints in God’s eyes. We look at men after the flesh, but God looks at the heart. He is not waiting for us to be “elevated” to sainthood; we’re already seated with Christ!
• It is sin to know to do right and then not do it. But you are under the fountain of God’s grace. If the question is still in your mind if it is okay to sin, you have not heard grace.
• What do we do to flush out the garbage that bombards us? We have to renew our minds with scripture. We don’t want that stuff to bombard us, it just happens.
Among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
— Ephesians 2:3 NKJV
• Those who have been born again, you make terrible sinners because they know better. Before you were saved, you could care less because you were part of the disobedient crowd.
• While we were still sinners, we were living under the wrath that had already been cursed on the Garden of Eden.
• We were born under the curse. After we got saved, we were brought out of the curse. We no longer see God as someone trying to punish us, we see God as someone trying to deliver us.
• Example: if you have ten $1 bills, all of them are of the coursed world. If you have 10 $1 bills and give one to the kingdom, the other 9 are redeemed. They are blessed. It is not “filthy lucre” any longer.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
— Ephesians 2:4-6 NKJV
• When you get saved, your spirit is seated with Christ and you don’t have any control over that. You still have freedom of mind, will and emotions. But when you are seated with Christ, you have a different perspective, you are blessed and redeemed.
• If you are a royal priesthood and you are a child of the King, why would you be broke? He wants to take your life and use it for His glory. God wants to show people through you that serving Him is not hard.
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
— Ephesians 2:10 NKJV
• There is no expiration date on what God has said to you. He wants you to get busy with your purpose. We need to renew our minds to that.
We are new creations, the more we renew our minds to that truth, the more we’ll experience what it means to be in Christ.