Guest speaker Bryan Nutman
• What is worship? Worship is not just for Sunday mornings. It is a continual, everyday situation.
• We should all be in full-time ministry. It doesn’t have to be our occupation, but everything we do in life should represent the Father’s heart. Everything we do is part of our worship to God. It doesn’t matter how insignificant it is, it is the heart behind it that is important. It is the fully yielded heart to the things of God that creates worship.
• “If servanthood is beneath you, leadership is beyond you.”
• You can’t separate the secular and being in ministry. It’s not biblical. Ministry as well as secular are as one. We are in full-time ministry, whether we like it or not. It’s how we represent Jesus. It’s a lifestyle.
• Today is a gift, because it is called the present. We have an ever-present God that never changes. That is a part of worship. We get to be present with a present God every minute of the day.
• Physical obedience brings spiritual release. Everything we do is a part of worship. One of the biggest parts of worship is getting rid of your baggage.
• Sometimes we get so bogged down with daily life that we can sacrifice our future for something that is not worthy of our energy. Casting our cares on God is a part of worship.
• God told us to cast our cares upon Him because He is quite happy to deal with our situations. We are the ones that hold onto things so tight that we don’t want to let go.
• When the Bible says to cast your cares on God, in the Greek, there are two meanings for the word “cares.” The first is our worldly cares — to be anxious or broken apart. Our human care. The second care means godly care. It means that God hears us and cares about us.
• We should ask God, “Who are You for me right now in this place?” He needs to reveal Himself as a different facet to who He is for you personally. That is a part of worship.
• There is thanksgiving, there is praise and there is worship and worship is the highest honor. It is the fully yielded part of who we are, giving back to Him. We become the sacrifice.
• We are problem solvers because God has given us the strength to solve the problem. We just need to hear Him. That is worship. Sometimes, we just need to get quiet and hear Him. That is worship.
• Thanksgiving is thanking Him for what He has done. We are giving Him thanks based on an act of God. Praise is the response to His nature and a response to His ways. Praise takes you to another level. Worship is the complete yielding of everything.
He made known His ways to Moses, His acts to the children of Israel.
— Psalms 103:7 NKJV