The Uncompromising Word
June 3, 2018
— The Uncompromising Word —
• Nothing compromises the Word of God. However God will change how you view the truth based on where you are in your walk. The words on the page will not change, but how you receive the Word will change.
• The moment we read the Word of God and think we have it, we are probably as far off as we could be. Every time we read the Word, we get a new revelation.
• The uncompromising Word is a treasure chest. It makes you want to get into it and dig. People are still uncovering revelations in the Word.
Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.
— Hebrews 4:11 NIV
• Everything the Word is, Jesus was and is. He is the only perfect One.
• There are 66 books in the Word. The word “Bible” means collections of books. The Word accomplishes two main things: love the Lord your God with all of your heart, and love your neighbor as yourself.
• Perfect love is vertical — you receive God’s love, but it is also horizontal, you love people.
• Perfect love is not being a doormat; it’s not control or manipulation. Perfect love casts out fear because fear is torment.
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
— Hebrew 4:12 NIV
• The judgment should be the Word of God, and we judge ourselves accordingly.
• The Word will convict us but God will never condemn us.
• Conviction means that God will convince you to change. He will not beat you up. You have to be convinced what you are doing is wrong. Then the Holy Spirit will help you know what to change. Condemnation tells you how bad you are. God will never do that.
• The enemy brings condemnation, which means no hope and no way out. Whenever you feel worse about the situation or hopeless, that is the enemy. God is not in that. God’s conviction will convince you to change, but He will show you how to change and what to do about it.
• As we put the Word of God in us, our faith will grow and so will we.
• The first type of soil (heart) is hard — you hear the Word and refuse to believe it because someone taught you differently. Your heart is hard, there is nothing wrong with seed. The second type of soil (heart) hears the word and receives it, but someone tries to talk you out of it. The seed is ripped out. The third soil (heart) hears the Word, believes the Word and grows.
• To remove doubt and unbelief from your life: when you hear the Word of God, don’t ever say “I don’t believe that” or “I have heard that.” The moment you do, you shut down any prospect of growing in faith.
• Faith comes by hearing, not heard. We don’t arrive. We need to keep hearing.
But the word of God grew and multiplied.
— Acts 12:24 NKJV
The time to put the Word in is before the battle hits, not during it.
You don’t want to be loading the gun when you have one pulled on you.
— Pastor Danny
Having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever.
• You didn’t just get saved from past sins, you got forgiven of your past, present and future sins.
Because “All flesh is as grass, And all the glory of man as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, And its flower falls away, But the word of the Lord endures forever.”
— 1 Peter 1:24-25 NKJV
• God said He puts His Word above His name.
So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
— Romans 10:17 NKJV
By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.
— Hebrews 11:3 NKJV
• The Word of God is voice-activated. We need to confess what we need. But, it is not our responsibility to tell others what to confess. The moment something comes against you, confess and stand against it. If you don’t believe in doing this, it won’t work for you.
Frame your world with faith in the enduring, incorruptible, and uncompromising Word of God.