• Fellowship — A friendly association, especially with people who share the same interest; a group of people meeting to pursue a shared interest or aim.
• Ecclesia — in the Greek means church; a called out company or assembly of specific people. You are not just in church — God has called you to church. When you are called to something, you will stick with it.
I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.
— John 17:21 NLT
• We will not always agree 100% of the time, but we can put our personal differences aside and work together toward a common goal.
What can we bring to the Lord? Should we bring him burnt offerings? Should we bow before God Most High with offerings of yearling calves? Should we offer him thousands of rams and ten thousand rivers of olive oil? Should we sacrifice our firstborn children to pay for our sins?
— Micah 6:6-7 NLT
• People are still asking what it will cost them to serve God. We are all called to be preachers and share what the Lord had done for us.
No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
— Micah 6:6-7 NLT
• The difference between the Old Testament and the New Testament is that these things should come intuitively to us. By instinct, we should know what is right. But more importantly, we should know that we have been made right. Once we know we have been made right, it becomes easier to do right. If doing right makes us right, it will never work. The law kills, the Spirit brings life.
• We should love mercy He gave you, but we should also love the mercy He bestows on others. Pray for God’s mercy on people, even when they offend you.
• For us to know to do right, we have to know what “right” means. Accepting Christ is the right thing — it is not about a list of things to do.
• In order to walk humbly before God, we need a clear definition of what that looks like. The world’s definition of walking humbly before God is laying down and letting everyone have their way in your life. That’s not humility and when you have the wrong idea of humility, you can never walk in it.
• So what is walking humbly before God? When God tells you to do something, you do it. Humility is being willing to take the step when He tells you to.
• One of the areas in the church that causes more people to have trouble receiving in the blessing of God is walking in offense. To walk humbly with God will cause you to walk out of offense every time. God doesn’t want any part of offense. God said offense will come, just don’t take it.