• We go through battles, but those who know Christ have the victory.
• Our compassion should always bring positive change in someone’s life.
Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.
— Philippians 2:3-5 NLT
• It doesn’t matter what you own, it does not define who you are. We put our faith in Jesus, not in things or in other people.
• Part of our human DNA is to be prideful and selfish. How to we walk in humility? Hang out with Jesus. We can’t walk in humility without first walking with Him. True humility is being submitted to God.
• Take a real, personal interest in others. “Mentor” means to take a personal interest in someone.
Life lesson: When we devote ourselves to the Lord, to the Word and to each other, we will fulfill our purpose and experience true fellowship.