• Ecclesia: A called-out company or assembly of specific people.
• If God calls you to do something, He will provide everything you need to do it. God has called you to whatever you are doing. If you are a parent, you are called to that. If you are a husband or wife, you are called to that. Whatever your job is at the moment, that is what you are called to do. Just go with that and God will open other doors for what you are called to do.
• It is important to know that you have been chosen and that we are all pursuing the same thing. What we are pursuing is fellowship with each other, but also fellowship with Christ.
• Fellowship: A friendly association, especially with people who share the same interests; a group of people meeting to pursue a shared interest or aim.
• Look at the commonality in people, not what divides you.
• Fellowship is important because that is how we reach people.
All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord’s Supper), and to prayer.
— Acts 2:42 NLT
• What are some of the characteristics of a new testament church?
Good teaching — It will be a vibrant, growing organism when it is good teaching. Good teaching is keeping the Word in context, it is not about seeing how loud you can during the teaching, it’s not about rituals. Spirit-led teaching and Spirit-led fellowship is what causes churches to thrive. Where churches don’t thrive is because things are done in religion and because they have always been done a certain way. Teaching is getting in the Word and getting something fresh.
• Fellowship, doing life together — We should be the same person in the world as we are in church.
A deep sense of awe came over them all, and the apostles performed many miraculous signs and wonders. And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had.
— Acts 2-43-44 NLT
• A characteristic of the early church was that they were in awe of God. If you want a better, more fulfilling life, get in awe of God. When you think about your children or what God has blessed you with, or the health or wealth you enjoy, be enthroned and in awe of what God has done. Be in wonder of what He is going to do — the best is yet to come. Have respect and admiration for each other and for God.
• Miracles, signs and wonders — these are New Testament traits. Some people think that a miracle is something big, like someone being raised from the dead. There are many miracles happening everyday. Sometimes, things that happen in our lives can be miracles.